You ARE

Most mornings we are running around like 3 crazy headless chickens (Translation: "chickens with their heads cut off" means running in every direction crazily). Most mornings I'm barking orders at the boys while stuffing their lunch boxes & trying to at least wash my face & brush my teeth before hopping in the car to take them to school. Most mornings I do lots of things wrong, but every morning there's one thing that I feel like I'm doing right. If the morning falls apart, if soggy cereal & sugar laden milk is spilled all over the floor, & shoelaces wouldn't stay tied with super glue I STILL get one part of our morning right. Every morning on our way to school while the boys are strapped in, without the radio on, while I have their undivided attention I speak over them. I say "you are men of integrity, character, & honor. You are first & not last, you are the head & not the tail, you are above & not beneath. Your feet are blessed wherever they take you and your hands are anointed to whatever they touch." Every. Morning. Even if I'm frustrated & would prefer strangling them- I speak this truth to my children. Words are a powerful thing. We should speak life into our children, tell them that even tho they lost their homework for the third time this week THEY are not lost. Even tho he didn't catch one catch on the football field, he is the HEAD & not the tail- he is called to lead & not follow. Even tho she didn't make the cheerleading squad she is BLESSED wherever her feet take her- on whatever path God has chosen for her & that something else will come her way that will not only be a blessing to her but will allow her to bless others.
Many mornings this little mantra speaks to me probably more than it speaks to my children. And most mornings they mumble it along with me "I am a man of integrity...(Insert eye roll & a sigh) & even tho they don't grasped the depth of God's powerful words about them- there will be a time when these words will come to life in a situation for them. You see, I know this because every morning on the way to school when I was a girl my mom would ask my sister & I "where are you blessed?" & we would name places : "school" "volleyball court" "cheer practice", etc. Then she'd say "that's right! You're blessed in the city, in the country, & wherever your feet take you!" I have NEVER forgotten those words & I know that even thru the mumbles & eye rolls, the words that I speak over my boys are seeping into their little hearts. One day they'll need to use these words as a sword against self doubt, peer pressure, stress, & all the other lies satan will try to throw at them. I still have to speak it to myself- "Brooke you are blessed- wherever you are- right here- right now!" Thanks Mama ☺️❤️
I challenge you to get in the Word & find things that you can stand on, to claim for you & your family. Whether it's just one or two words, sentences, or a full scripture- Write it down, post it on the fridge, recite it often, assure your children of who they are to God. Because if they claim the great traits that God says they have they can do anything!  
Here are some of my faves!

Psalm 139:14 where God says,“I am fearfully and wonderfully made." God tells me in Psalm 17"I am the apple of His eye." In Deuteronomy 7:6God tells me that I am "His treasured possession."  In Philippians 4:8, God tells me to think about whatever is "true, noble, right, pure, and lovely."
Deuteronomy 28:13 
The LORD will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the LORD your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOPE

OMYGOSH IT'S SPRING!

The Last 3 Miles