Rompin'

I love ROMPERS- if I've said it once I've said it a gillion times. I remember the first romper I bought - it was about 4 years ago. It was denim. I thought it was adorable. I tried it on for my hubby- you know the one that is so sweet to me & always tells me the truth? Example: your hair is too blonde, you look like you colored it in the trailer park bathroom OR you're going to have to just deal with wrinkles & dimply skin- you're in your mid-thirties & you've had 2 kids. 😳 Yep *That guy* 
So I slip into my cute denim romper & sashe into the room to show him all the cuteness- & he takes a quick look & starts singing "come & knock on my door". Ummmm...the theme from Three's Company?! Yep. He said I looked like Suzanne Somers circa 1979. But did it stop me? No sir! I wore that little denim romper proudly & am going to keep on keeping on.
So 4 years later I don't wear that particular denim number but I am still a huge fan of rompin'! There are a few things you need to know before you go out & get a romper of your own. So here are some tips:

1. Get the appropriate size. Trying on these puppies is a necessity. Since they're one piece a good fit is essential to looking cute & not like you're wearing a baby onesie. If it is riding up ur crotch or gathered in the crack region then it is not the right size or cut for ur body type. Or if your booty cheeks are hanging out the bottom/ I don't care if you're 14 or 25 or 40, it is NEVER ok for your hiney to be out in public. Never. Just put that rompy back on the hanger & step away- even if it's a super cute pattern & a great price- if it doesn't fit it will look goofy. 

2. You need to know before committing to the romps that you will be naked if you need to go to the rest room. No seriously. You pull the top down, then your underoos down & you're sitting in that public restroom in only a bra, praying that the crack in the stall isn't large enough for passersby to see in. Hopefully you at least wore a pretty brazier. 

3. If you're not going to a club (hehe that made me laugh because it's been 15 years since I did such a thing- however I go to Zumba class at the gym so I'm still fun 😉) then you should definitely put a camisole under that baby. So many rompers have a wrap style top portion & therefore it hangs low showing way too much of your girls- so, just wear something under it! And by something I mean a full piece of fabric unless you are a young buck in which case you can wear a sweet little lacy something or other under it. Problem solved. 

4. Jazz it up with some jewelry. My fave look is layered necklaces- long necklaces look great with rompers. Also don't forget a few bracelets- layers those too! Whatever jewelry you wear- Gold, silver, copper- just mix them all together/ trust me. It's ok!

5. Just get to rompin'- even if you feel like Marsha off the Brady bunch...just do it. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOPE

OMYGOSH IT'S SPRING!

Who Wears Short Shorts