Day 1- Road Trip to the Beach

3 hours down: we are somewhere but I'm not sure where because I haven't seen signs of life for a bit.

We were thinking we could stop at some cool, interesting, filled to the brim with culture, spots along the road to Florida. Alas, we are encompassed by farm lands & rows of...some sort of farmy things...maybe rice, beans, grain? I dunno...and back to Facebook.

6 hours down: somewhere in Mississippi.

I've already eaten a bag of potato chips & McDonald's fries. The effects of that  body wrap I got yesterday are long gone. Those fried taters are going to make for some beautiful skin on the ole tummy. And I've decided that I should've come prepared- you know like that girl that gets on your last nerve when you're all out to eat & she pulls out her container of dried out, white, boiled chicken & VOSS water insisting she can't eat the junk at the restaurant? Oh yes, I'm wishing I was that girl! Should've packed a cooler! But on the up side the boys are both very well entertained, what with iPhones & a full blown back seat entertainment center why wouldn't they be?! And I'm all, "let's see what states we can find on license plates" or "I spy something..." - but noone's willing to play, what gives?!
Pic: Me & the little guys in the back seat enjoying some Monsters University, & pillow pets, & feet (well not enjoying that part- they be stanky).

7 hours down: where are we?!?!??

Are we there yet?!  I'm starting to get delirious! And Monsters University is the longest movie in the history of man...or not, but it feels like it right now. 

8 1/2 hours down: Hattiesburg, MS 

We have invaded the Hattiesburg Walmart- third stop so far- we had to get out & stretch, & hoolahoop & throw footballs, & buy a beach umbrella for $9. We stayed in Walmart for well over 45 minutes- no wonder it's taking us so long to get to the beach! 



10 hours down: Daphne, AL

Dinner time & we've spotted a Cracker Barrell- hallelujah I can get something green & leafy to fuel my bones! & the boys can get pancakes bc that's all they think Cracker Barrell serves. That and toys...wonder if they serve 

11 1/2 hours down: Daphne, AL

We've decided to stop for the night & we'll only have a tiny trip tomorrow. The boys have done absolutely superb! It's not so easy for little guys to be cooped up for an entire day. Goodnight! 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOPE

OMYGOSH IT'S SPRING!

These Walls