White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookays


I love sneaking healthy foods into yummy treats! Today I experimented with white chocolate macadamia nut cookies- because they're so tasty- duh! So after making these & tasting them I renamed them cookays- bc I felt sassy after that first bite! So here's the run down...
Ingredients: 
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
- 3/4 cup apple sauce 
- 1/2- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar depending on your taste buds (1/2 is enough for me)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
- 8 oz white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia nut pieces



Directions: 
I use a ninja food processor for the whole shabang! First put in your chick peas & apple sauce. Blend until completely smooth. 

Then add all other ingredients except egg. Blend until mostly combined. 
Now add the egg & pulse until blended. At this point I remove the center blades & use a spoon to stir in the nuts & white chocolate chips. 
Spoon onto a cookie sheet & bake at 325 for 8 -10 minutes. Let cool on rack. I love these warm! They have a bit of a fluffier texture than traditional cookies. With no butter, oil, or milk they are such a guilt free treat! And I love the bonus of sneaking a little extra veggies in for my kiddos! 
Ps- I've tried these with whole wheat flour & it was weird! Lol but I am sure I'll try again! Also, you can add a scoop or two of your fave flavorless or vanilla protein powder! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOPE

OMYGOSH IT'S SPRING!

The Last 3 Miles