Who Wears Short Shorts

I'm baaaaack...for today! LOL My unpredictability is just part of who I am.
I finally have something to say! Ladies, we need to talk about your britches. The weather is warming up & the shorts are coming out. So I thought I'd just throw a few of my opinions out there & you do with it what you may- I suggest listen but you do you! 😜 The only exception to all my "rules" is if you have zero body fat on your hip, groin, upper thigh area or if you have one of those elusive thigh gaps. If that's you- ignore everything & wear ya shorts as short & tight as you want. But if you're like the majority of us ladies then here's my rules & tips for wearing trendy shorts at any shape or size.

Shorts-They're my fave! Short, long, dark, light, destrassed, embroidered, laced, patched, silk, rompers, printed...there are so many cute styles. My opinion doesn't lie with any of the before mentioned options in short-wear. My problem lies with the fit of ya shorts. FIT is what matters!

Rule1: You are probably buying your shorts too small. DON'T buy your shorts as tight as you buy your jeans. Yes your juicy butt & thighs are rocking- but that snug crotch area is just too much for the general population. When you walk & they creep up in your baby maker it ain't pretty. Here are some pics of what to do & what not to do. The crotch region is key here folks...KEY! Especially in denim or solid colors where there is no pattern to camouflage the disaster happening in the center of yo legs.  You want to have a little air between your lady bits & the center bottom seam of the shorts. Like, if your body & the crotch of your shorts are hugging each other go up a size. Not only will your lady parts thank you so will everyone that would've had to look at your massive wedgie! Win win! Also, watch the area where your leg joins your hip, if there is a lot of pulling or creasing you will look larger.its kind of amazing- sometimes wearing a larger size will make you look smaller- go figure- size doesn't matter after all!

Rule 2: Leave a little wiggle room in the thigh area. Of course The only exception to this rule is you gals with ultra toned or super tiny thighs. For everyone else- wear the thigh looser- again you may have to up size. I just opt to buy shorts with larger leg openings, myself. Just look at the pics- see? Looks much better looser!
That last pic is of the SAME GIRL that was above in the yellow shorts 😱😱 FIT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE! 

Rule 3: if the romper fits- buy it! I loooove rompers- but an ill fitting romper can be worse than shorts that are too tight! That riding up, elastic band under your bosoms look ain't cool! If you think rompers aren't for your body type- you're wrong. Not ALL rompers are for every body type- but with the right fit we can all share in the romper love! 


There's a sweet spot on every leg that a woman is comfortable showing. For some, it's butt cheek down (I still don't think it's ever ok to let your hiney cheek hang out of the bottom of your shorts), & for some it's knee down. For me it's mid thigh where the dimples in the back of my upper leg are covered. Whatever your sweet spot, don't compromise. Search until you find shorts YOU are comfortable in. ALL lengths are in style! Including Capri pants! Buy what makes you feel fabulous! AND ROCK IT GIRL! 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOPE

OMYGOSH IT'S SPRING!